ABOUT MCKISSICK KASUN
Kasun Architects, Inc. was founded in 1968 by James S. Kasun, NCARB. Over it’s nearly 50 years the firm built an impressive portfolio with over 1,500 diverse projects throughout Pennsylvania. When he decided to retire in 2014, James Kasun wanted the firm’s legacy and work to continue. Kasun met with Vern McKissick, owner and president of McKissick Associates Architects and together the plan to form McKissick Kasun Architects was born.
On January 1, 2015, Kasun Architects officially became McKissick Kasun Architects a subsidiary of McKissick Associates Architects. The merger combined two culturally aligned, client-focused design firms, widening both the firm’s geographic territory while maintaining the commitment to the clients and communities served within Central and Western Pennsylvania.
“The one distinctive characteristic that has been paramount in our firm for nearly 50 years has been our respect for our architectural past and our firm’s ongoing dedication and commitment to Hollidaysburg and the surrounding Blair County Community. With this transition I am confident we can successfully continue this legacy” stated retiring founder James Kasun.
Over the span of 5 decades, this established architectural firm has developed a significant portfolio by serving their clients with sound experience and a pragmatic approach to planning, design and construction in the educational, religious, recreational, corporate, commercial, industrial, medical, dental, preservation, residential and design build market sectors.
Some of their most recent and recognized projects include:
- New Hollidaysburg Public Library
- New Altoona Honda (Opening 2015)
- Dr. Marcelli Dental Clinic, Altoona
- Social Security Administration Office, Altoona
- Benner Pike Retail Shops, State College
- Science Building Addition for Grier School, Birmingham
- Lake Raystown Resorts Convention Center
- New American Eagle Paper Mill Warehouse, Tyrone (Opening 2015)
- New Hollidaysburg Area School District Administration Office